English course: Upper Intermediate level (B2)
In English Upper Intermediate level (B2), you will master more complex speech and content and become a more spontaneous language user. You will learn to express yourself clearly and in detail about a range of themes, expanding your vocabulary. You will be perfecting your grammar, sentence structure and spelling.
Select the location to see if the course is available where you live.
The course is available at these locations
Did you not find the course where you live?
Register your interest!
About the course
In this course you will learn:
- to understand the main points of complex texts on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions within your own field
- to participate in spontaneous and fluent conversations with native speakers without straining either party
- to write clear and detailed texts on a wide range of topics
- to explain a viewpoint on a socially relevant issue, arguing for and against different possibilities
(The learning goals above apply to the entire B2 level. Depending on which region of Norway you select, individual courses can either cover the entire B2 level or different parts of this level. Please see course overview below.)
Who is this course for?
English Upper Intermediate level (B2) is suitable for those who already have a knowledge of English equivalent to English Intermediate level (B1). At this point you:
- can understand the main points of straightforward texts and to speak on familiar topics that you often encounter in connection with work, school, leisure, etc.
- can write simple texts on topics that are of personal interest or familiar to you
- can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions
- can discuss familiar topics and justify you opinions
- can express yourself so that you can cope with unfamiliar or difficult situations
If you are unsure if this level is right for you, please take our free placement test here.
At Folkeuniversitetet, we use the "communicative approach", which is a learner focused teaching method. This means that we place strong emphasis on communication, interaction and language use in everyday situations.
The exercises utilize authentic, relevant topics and texts and a variety of communicative tasks such as problem solving, explaining, pair and group work, and role playing. This knowledge can be transferred to real situations you typically come across when you are travelling abroad or using the target language in other context.
All teachers are tertiary level (university level) qualified in languages and/or education and are experienced in the field of education. All teachers have either English as their native language or an equivalent proficiency level. In addition to conveying information, our teachers also foster friendly learning environments and work actively to motivate students.
- Price 3195
- Hours 22
- Time 17.30 - 19.00
- Place Bergen Sentrum
- Days Tue