English course: Intermediate level (B1)
English Intermediate level (B1) is for those who already have a basic knowledge of the language. At this level, you will continue building your skills in new areas. This course will strengthen your confidence in ordinary language situations and allow you to actively participate in simple conversations in English. You will learn to speak and write with a larger vocabulary, better flow and more sophisticated sentence structure.
Select the location to see if the course is available where you live.
The course is available at these locations
Did you not find the course where you live?
Register your interest!
About the course
In this course you will learn:
- to understand the main points of straightforward texts and to speak on familiar topics that you often encounter in connection with work, school, leisure, etc.
- to write simple texts on topics that are of personal interest or familiar to you
- to describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions
- to discuss familiar topics and justify your opinions
- to express yourself so that you can cope with unfamiliar or difficult situations
(The learning goals above apply to the entire B1 level. Depending on which region of Norway you select, individual courses can either cover the entire B1 level or different parts of this level. Please see course overview below.)
Who is this course for?
English Intermediate level (B1) is suitable for those who already have a knowledge of English equivalent to English Pre-intermediate level (A2). At this point you:
- can understand sentences and common phrases related to the main areas of daily life, such as family, shopping, community and working life
- are familiar with words and phrases used in explaining opinions, plans and actions
- can manage simple conversations on familiar and routine matters
- can describe aspects of your background in simple terms
- can read and write simple texts on familiar topics
If you are unsure if this level is right for you, please take our free placement test here.
At Folkeuniversitetet, we use the "communicative approach", which is a learner focused teaching method. This means that we place strong emphasis on communication, interaction and language use in everyday situations.
The exercises utilize authentic, relevant topics and texts and a variety of communicative tasks such as problem solving, explaining, pair and group work, and role playing. This knowledge can be transferred to real situations you typically come across when you are travelling abroad or using the target language in other context.
All teachers are tertiary level (university level) qualified in languages and/or education and are experienced in the field of education. All teachers have either English as their native language or an equivalent proficiency level. In addition to conveying information, our teachers also foster friendly learning environments and work actively to motivate students.
- Price 3195
- Hours 22
- Time 17.30 - 19.00
- Place Strømgaten 32
- Days Wed